Friday, November 09, 2007

Years in the Making...

So the other night we were over at Mike and Charla's' for Eli 1st birthday party when the discussion of how badly Mike was beaten in GameDay 2000 for the sony playstation back in the day was brought up. Of course this sparked a minor riot by Mike with the classic "uh uh uh uh uh whatever uh uh ya uh". So I decided in all fairness to have a rematch the next night (not next week or next year, the next night). So at approximately 11am the next morning I made the legendary phone call, and to my surprise he was still ready for a good ole fashion butt kickin'. The game would begin around 5 (but in true Logsdon fashion it started @ 6). We met at my house giving me home field advantage and with Mike being the visitor was given the choice of games, GameDay 99, 2000, or 2001. Gameday 2001 was chosen. Blake, Eli, Evan and Melissa would all be in attendance.



Blake, Eli and Evan in line for tonight's game.


So to make a long story short Mike was beaten badly. . .again! The final score was: Broncos 31 Bucs 16 with the Bucs scoring 6 points with time running out (come to think of it, time was running out for Mike before the game ever started). Words can't describe the overwhelming joy I felt knowing what I have done, not only for me but for my family. But what came next I must say I was not prepared for. Seems Blake and Eli are not use to seeing daddy getting his butt kicked. Poor Eli was the first to start in, then Blake, it even caught on to Evan. It got so bad that Eli even tried to hide in the toy box.



Eli first hearing the news of his dads defeat.




Eli trying to hide!


Totally disappointed at tonight's game.



My lovely and fully supportive wife hearing the news of the win!

So Mike once again,

ANYTIME ANYWHERE!

Maybe will have it at your house so your wife can witness the devastating loss in person, heck I'm even willing to fly out to Texas and invade another Logsdon household just to defeat you, and don't think Utah isn't out of the question!!!

4 comments:

Dusty and Amy said...

This post wins the Best Post of 2007 Award.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Amy. Love IT
Charla

Anonymous said...

Uh uh! Nahh!! Whatever! Bring it!!

-- someone in Utah

Anonymous said...

Read this, fools! http://mizamy.blogspot.com/2007/11/since-everyones-talkin-smack-aka.html