Monday, September 15, 2008
Fun, Fun, Fun!
Nathan and I were on vacation last week, but we didn't really go anywhere. It was still so nice!!! We did a lot of fun little things and had a WONDERFUL & RELAXING time off. I actually got more than 5 or 6 hours of sleep for several days in a row. One thing I realized about myself though, is that I need a routine to keep me from being too lazy. It is so easy to be lazy! But it was nice to be lazy for once. On our first Saturday, Nathan, Evan and me went to my employee event at work. KFB rented out a wing at the KY Fair & Expo center and we had a huge indoor carnival. It was so fun! Everything was free, rides, drinks, carnival food, lunch, etc. He even got Nemo painted on his hand! We had the best time. We were there from 10:00 to 2:00, then Evan took at nap at Mammy & Grandad's & then we went to Blake's birthday party at Mr. Gatti's. He had the best day and so much fun. Boy was he worn out, he didn't get to bed until almost midnight. But he slept really well! Here are some pics from that fun-filled day.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It look's like you guy's had much fun. Wish we could have come.
Girl that outfit you are wearing is a hot mess.
Charla
That is like the best day ever for a little kid!! I bet you did have fun. I am glad you got some sleep for a change. LOVE HUH!
Melissa
Where did your work rent a hippo that stood with Evan in the first pic? I'd like to rent one of those.
Mike
Hey Mike, is that Shawn in the red shirt between you and Charla standing behind the hippo?
I love your hair in this picture. You look so pretty. Mike needs to shut his big fat mouth.
Melissa,
Glad you got some much-needed rest.
When I sold pest control in Houston, I was a little more than half-way through the summer, and one morning, I decided I needed to take a day off and just go somewhere with Amy...I flat out worshiped every second of that day...we went to the Houston Museum of Natural Science (very much like the museum on the "Night at the Museum" movie) and that was, bar none, one of THE BEST days I can ever remember...pure fun and excitement and appreciation to take a break.
But when I get a string of days with nothing to do, I just about hate myself by the end of it, and I don't even enjoy the "fun stuff" like I would if I had really deserved it.
So, I hear what you're saying...when I have structure, I'm the bomb, I'm fit, I'm who I want to be...in a nutshell.
But when I have no structure, oh my heck, CAN I be lazy!
Anyway, guess I felt like typing a lot. :-) We love you and miss you guys.
Dusty
Post a Comment